Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Star Wars Dioramas :D

Last edited by O.G.Trilogy; 04-24-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Awesome!

Another great job, OG!

Missionary = No Fun Jedi Jester's Avatar
    That first one with Luke walking and R2 in the background is supercrazyawesome! It almost doesn't look real...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbfett View Post
    I'm going to have to start measuring my wiener in Plancks...I'm sure it will be a much more impressive number that way.

awesome! what did you say you made your environments with??

GREAT customs!

You should consider selling diorama sets....I'll bet you would get takers......thennnnn, you could go 1/6 scale and make even bigger sets.....

Quote Originally Posted by RollaJedi View Post
    awesome! what did you say you made your environments with??
    All kinds of junk. The base is insulation styrofoam, Yoda's hut was made out of paperclay that I shaped around a cereal bowl, the tree trunk in back was a part from some McFarlane or Marvel Legends toy, the log was a mast from a Lego pirate ship, the small vines are made of twisty ties, the green climbing vines are Force Lightning Bolts from an Emperor figure, the weird branch thing in back was foamcore with paperclay on it, the flat stepping stones are floral styrofoam, the larger round rocks are made out of paperclay and Yoda's stand was made out of paperclay.

Quote Originally Posted by dxdave View Post
    GREAT customs!

You should consider selling diorama sets....I'll bet you would get takers......thennnnn, you could go 1/6 scale and make even bigger sets.....
    I really can't stand 1/6 scale SW figures. My girlfriend bought me a few Sideshow SW figures and they all look terrible. My Bespin Han has a really fat face & his clothes are all way too small, My farmboy Luke has green hair, bloodshot eyes & his clothes are enormous and my hairbuns Leia has dark pink hands that don't match the rest of her & her hood looks like crap. Every one of those Sideshow figures broke while I was taking them out of the box too. I've had to repair each one's clothes and broken weapons. Hasbro's sculptors do a better job than Sideshow as far a capturing likenesses, even the new Hot Toys Bespin Luke doesn't really look like Mark Hamill. After she gave them to me, I left them out for only a few weeks and put them away because I got sick of fussing with them to try to make them look decent. If she leaves me then you'll know because I will have listed those lousy bastards on ebay. Sorry to go on a rant there, I haven't really considered 1/6 scale dioramas but I would like to do some for my 6 inch DC & Marvel characters.

gonna have to look into this paperclay stuff. never heard of it.